Updated: Jul 4, 2019
Motorcycle touring is one of the most widespread hobbies of motorcycle riders. There is so much fun in travelling alone or with a bunch of fellow riders across states or borders as well as on unfamiliar places. Touring can last for days or weeks depending on the rider's choice. You can acquire a guided trip or absolutely choose to make one by yourself on the spot.
If you are organising a motorcycle tour on your own, there are certain things you need to look. Remember that you are more prone to danger when riding alone than with others. Your survival in the open road, in an unfamiliar place, depends on you alone and on how prepared you are for the trip. That is why there are certain things you should bring with you that could help you survive the trip.
If your trip is well-planned and you pack the right gear and staff, your trip will be a victory and something that you will talk about for the months to come.
We at Siima MotoWear have done our homework and came up with some useful advice to make your life easier. When planning for a motorcycle touring trip, remember the following things:
1. Wear bright-colored riding gear. Be conspicuous. It is important to make yourself visible on each and every road and in different conditions. According to studies, being conspicuous, reduces the likelihood of an accident by 33%. That is a big percentage to be ignored. So prepare your riding gear accordingly.
2. Be mindful of the rules of the road in different countries. Do your homework because you will be surprised how the change of borders will result in significant change of road rules. Always have this in mind to avoid any unfortunate and possibly dentrimental consequences.
3. Don't make unnecessary and unexpected movements that may cause other vehicles to collide with each other. Be mindful of your lane position and use your tail lights properly
4. Stay alert and be informed about your surroundings. If you are traveling on unfamiliar places, concentrate on a 360 degree awareness of your surroundings. In other words, look more often your mirrors, know where the other vihicles are located and constantly monitor their change of position, scan for the signs and follow the road rules.
5. Pack lightly. It is very important to pack with only the most important things you
might need for a good trip. Avoid taking too much luggage. Some of the things you might needto bring with you are cash, cell phone, spare gloves, rain gear, tire repair and basic tool kit, toiletries, tire gauge, sunscreen, medications and a change of clothes.
These are a few of the things you need to consider for motorcycle touring. It seems like there is lots to be completed before you are ready go on a motorcycle trip. Remember the fact that the success of your motorcycle tour relies on how ready you are for the trip. Motorcycle touring is fun, exciting, and a nice adventure every rider wants to experience at some point.
Any thoughts on the subject? Leave your comments below.